I try to keep up on most of the latest information here, but after reading what was here, I'll stick to my Microsoft Health Vault for a couple of reasons, one is that if I have an issue, I can go directly to Microsoft...Dossia, well it's a consortium and there's a few members, boards, etc. not to mention Aetna insurance being a member...I seem to want to trust the Windows API a bit more, after all it is their operating system that I run...not to mention the legalities that have been faced trying to get Dossia off the ground...and yes I understand that Microsoft has health partners and it is my imageresponsibility to give access to who I designate...and I have full faith that the Health Vault will have the appropriate audit tables, etc. to check on every transaction made, but again, I get to choose the partners involved in my health care too...who cares about the advertising as some of it might help me out with a few searches too along the way...I would rather have the ads than folks with other types of hidden agendas as financial contributors...and again there's no issue with taking my records anywhere as it does not evolve around my employment...anyway, will be interesting to see if this concept every does get off the ground even with the open source software from Indivo..but for today I feel a bit more secure with the HealthVault... BD

Earlier this year, Dossia established a partnership with the Children’s Hospital Informatics Program (CHIP) at Children’s Hospital Boston to use the Indivo platform that CHIP developed. Indivo has been used in a couple of trial personal health record (PHR) applications, including one at HP for an employee flu immunization program and more recently at MIT for students using MIT’s healthcare facilities. It is also being made available to all patients at Children’s Hospital Boston. With Dossia, the Indivo team will look to expand the capabilities of this open source application to evolve beyond a PHR to becoming a personally-controlled health record infrastructure (PCHRI) system that will be the foundation for a potentially wide range of personal health applications (PHAs). Therefore, like Microsoft’s imageHealthVault, Dossia will not be a PHR, but a personal health platform (PHP).

This revenue model differs significantly from others in that it will not rely on advertising revenue, which is a model used by many including Microsoft and safe to assume it will be Google’s as well. Nor does the model rely on data mining, an approach used by a small fraction of PHAs, or subscription/service fees which is a more common model among PHAs.

Both Colin and Omid are on “loan” from Intel to lead the Dossia initiative and a number of other employees from Cardinal Health, Intel, Pitney Bowes and Wal-Mart play key roles as well.

A Utility Called Dossia « Chilmark Research

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative